Wednesday 7 March 2012

South Ayrshire Ramblers recce . Auchinleck to Lugar circular. March 2012

Today Wednesday I was asked to help in a recce for South Ayrshire Ramblers This is a walk I had done with Cunninghame Ramblers last June and so had the lady who asked me  to accompany her today but as she explained  could remember some of the route and hopefully I could fill in the gaps for her. As I have blogged it before I did not repeat any of the photos today. We started at Tescos car park in Auchinleck and made our way to Cumnock. Passing through the wonderful railway viaduct on our way to Lugar, we took a wrong turning but very soon noticed our mistake and retraced our steps to pick up the path we missed . Once back in Cumnock we  walked out passed the magnificent Dumfries House saved for the nation by a well known Royal prince. Returning to Auchenleck we experienced a squally winter shower which did not spoil our enjoyable 8 mile recce .Trust your walk goes well Madam and my thanks to you for your kind invitation today I really enjoyed the outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment